The numerous advantages of coding games for kids online are well-known to parents and educators. Children get computational thinking and problem-solving abilities, among other benefits, which prepares them for a world where technology is more dependent on computer programs working in the background.
Coding games online doesn’t have to be time-consuming and challenging for children. Currently, many techniques make coding as entertaining and exciting as playing. Kids feel proud of themselves when they create something fresh that works.
Why Should Children Study Coding?
Let’s begin with a fundamental inquiry: why should kids learn to code?
This is due to several factors, ranging from the most immediate and practical to the most ethereal and metaphysical. The following reasons are provided:
- On an efficient level, teaching your kids to code will provide them access to various career options. The typical annual salary for software engineers is $103,560, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. From 2016 to 2026, it is projected to rise by 24% annually as a result of demand. In other words, the popularity of coding jobs is increasing far more quickly, and they also pay more than other occupations.
- Even if your child decides not to pursue coding as a career, mastering the fundamentals of computer programming is tremendously beneficial in various related disciplines. Many jobs require STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) abilities, similar to computer coding.
- Coding games for kids online entails the capacity for thoroughness and attention to detail, which is essential in areas outside of technical ones. Analytical thinking will be quite helpful to your child, even if they end up becoming a lawyer.
Best Ways to Teach Children to Program
Block programming is a good way for younger children, ages 7 to 11, to start learning programming fundamentals. Drag and drop operations are used in block programming’s visual interface to arrange blocks of instructions in the correct order for execution.
Building a logical thinking foundation through functions, loops, conditional statements, and sequences is an excellent approach. The youngsters can write computer programs or instructions without knowing the syntax of a programming language.
Children aged 11 and older and younger children with a strong interest in programming can study more sophisticated text-based programming, which involves writing computer instructions in actual computer language as code or text.
The following are the top resources for teaching your child to code:
- Games & Apps
- Other Programming Sites
- Board Games
Some Ideas to Motivate Children to Start Programming
Keep it lighthearted – Before moving on to more severe text coding, let them enjoy utilizing graphic blocks to create games and other entertaining things. Give them tasks where they may express their creativity and feel appreciated for the outcomes.
- Start by learning to create logic; this is more crucial to master than syntax or programming language.
- Please don’t give your child the solutions; instead, let him ponder for himself.
- Let him make errors – Learning programming sometimes involves making mistakes.
Kids’ Coding Apps and Websites
Numerous resources are available that may assist you in teaching your children to code, but in this part, we’ll concentrate on the most well-liked ones. The tools provided are divided into two categories, the first for children under eight years old (or roughly there) and the second for more advanced youngsters, depending on the age of your children.
Why Kids Coding Games Are Helpful Instructional Tools
We’ve already covered the benefits of play-based learning for children on our site. The article is available here. The bottom line is that children naturally learn via play. Without realizing it, they explore, tinker, observe, comprehend, and expand on their prior experience.
For young children who still play every day, learning via play simulates a real-life problem-solving situation, making the learning process easier and more pleasurable than sitting at a desk and listening to a lecture.
Top Ten Coding Games For Kids Online To Try Out In Coding
- Scratch + Scratch Jr.
- CodeSpark Academy
- Blockly Games
Teaching coding games for kids online can be a productive and enjoyable experience if you can make it interesting, relevant, and fun for them. You can accomplish it with the aid of the tools mentioned above, but you also need to look into some more sources. Many of the most outstanding educational events provide streams of computer programming.