Screening for disease is important for assessing the likelihood that a person has a particular disease. Screening tests are not exactly diagnostic tests. The main objective of a screening test is the early detection of diseases or the risk factors for disease in seemingly healthy individuals.
Why is screening for disease essential?
Screening for disease is helpful when it will find a potential problem. A health screening will work when it shows a proper result. However, screening tests are not totally accurate in all cases. Some screening tests may cause a lot more problems if used on people who aren’t at high risk for disease. This is one of the reasons screening tests are recommended and they may not the same for every person.
A full body checkup is important as it will help people to take the necessary steps in the prevention or early discovery of any possible illness. Many of us are of the opinion that we don’t need to go for regular health checkups and that it is a waste of time, effort, and money. A comprehensive health checkup package is the smartest way to save on extensive treatment and even surgeries that can be needed in case of a disease that is undiagnosed.
Why should you choose a full body checkup near me?
Let’s see why you should go in for a full body checkup near me –
- It is essential that people should go for a full body checkup near me for getting to know how healthy they are.
- A regular complete body screening for disease is recommended for everyone, especially for people who are above 35 years of age.
- A full body checkup is important, in dangerous diseases like cancer, where early detection could make a lot of difference and help in the prevention or effective management of the disease and improving the life span of a patient.
A whole-body assessment should be a priority in the following cases –
- Any pre-existing diseases
- Family history of any disease
- It is crucial to go for a full body checkup near me for anyone especially those who lead an unhealthy and stressful lifestyle.
- For everyone who is leading a stressful and fast lifestyle. There are a lot of health issues that are stress-induced and it is advisable that people get their checkups done regularly to prevent the onset of any disease.
There are many hospitals that provide economical and extensive full body health screening packages. A full body checkup near me provides a comprehensive checkup, at a low cost. The checkup will include all the most important as well as relevant tests.
What are the common tests that are included in a full body checkup near me?
In a full body health screening, a number of tests are included along with counseling by the health care providers.
Here are some of the tests that are included in a full body health checkup –
- Blood tests
- Urine tests
- Lipid Profile
- X-Ray for chest, ECG and 2D Echo Cardiography
- Ultrasonography of abdomen and the pelvis
- Thyroid Function
- Kidney Function
- Liver Function
- Lung Function tests
- Blood Sugar Fasting
- CT Calcium Scoring
- Eye Checkup
- CT Coronary Angiography
- Pap smear for women
How to get ready for a full body checkup near me?
You can have a discussion with the doctor about what health screenings will be appropriate for you. A conversation with the doctor will make you aware of what screenings are required for you and the frequency to get them done. Make sure to ask any questions or doubts that concern you to the doctor. Tell the doctor about your family’s medical history and also talk about any other concerns you have about your health. Always ask the doctor about the advantages and risks of the screening tests. If you are not able to understand what the test results mean, you can ask the doctor to explain them to you.
What screenings for diseases are recommended?
The doctor will recommend screenings for diseases on the basis of factors like age, medical history of the family, gender, as well as risk factors. The healthcare provider will recommend health checkups on the basis of a person’s medical information. Breast cancer screening will be typically advised for women above 40 years of age and also if there are few risk factors or even a family history of breast cancer. Cervical cancer screening is suggested every two or three years. If there is cholesterol or diabetes in the family history or other risk factors, a blood sugar test may be suggested for anyone irrespective of a person’s age.
Screeningsfor diseases are the medical tests that are conducted to detect diseases as well as any other health conditions before signs or symptoms are visible. A full body checkup near me will help in detecting problems in the early stages when it is still easier to treat them.